.

VA Blog Hop: Getting Festive for Fall


Before I begin, I have to say that I LOVE, LOVE LOVE my VA Blogging Buddies. They are such an incredible and supportive group of educators and I am so glad they have welcomed me to the group with open arms. A HUGE shout out goes to Carla at Comprehension Connection for putting together and organizing this amazing Fall VA Blogger hop!

Onto the HOP! I have two Fall FREEBIES for Y-O-U. First up is a freebie I offered on October 9th on my Facebook page as soon as I posted it to TpT. Often times I will post my new products as flash freebies so be sure to like my Facebook page: Click {HERE}. Now the same product is free again for the next week! Equivalent Fractions QR Code Scavenger Hunt:

Fourteen different task card questions ask students to find a picture representation of a particular fraction in its reduced form (0,1 whole, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10, 1/11, 1/12 and 1/13) When students get to the card that matches with their clue, they write the letter that appears on the card in the correct space on the student response sheet. At the end the letter clues spell out: SCARECROWS RULE!




 Click {HERE} to take you to this freebie.

For younger kiddos I have a Spider Spinners Station. This game is for probability and tally marking practice. Four different spinners are provided along with a student recording sheet. Students spin the spinner (laminate the cards and use a pencil and paperclip or lay a clear, plastic spinner on top) 10 times and add a tally mark for each color they land on. 

Here is an example of my results when I played:


You will notice that for Spinner #1 there are only tally marks for the colors pink, orange and yellow. That's because Spinner #1 only has three colored sections. Same goes for Spinner #2 and #3. GREAT conversation topic that will get your students using probability terms such as impossible, possible, likely, unlikely, etc.!

These are what the spinners look like:


This product will be free for the next week... click {HERE}.


Next stop is Erin West of Super in Second!