.

Sight Word and Vocabulary App+Freebie

Are you looking for a quality app to practice sight word recognition? Check out the app called Endless Reader.
Set the stage for early reading success with this app! Endless Reader presents sight words in an interactive and appealing way while providing words in context. Each word features an interactive word puzzle with letters that come alive and then a sentence puzzle with words that become what they describe.



This app comes with 6 FREE words that you can try out and then additional word packs can be purchased. It sure is worth it!

Endless Reader has a "sister" app called Endless Alphabet.
I have had Endless Alphabet on my iPad for awhile after a coworker told me about it and I was lucky enough to download it for free. Now this app costs $6.99...boo! However, I think I would pay for it. Students build their vocabulary since each letter of the alphabet contains a different word that features an interactive puzzle game with talking letters and a short animation that illustrates the defintion. Today's "D" word was DEMOLISH. Check out the screenshots below:







I love how this app constantly adds and updates the words! This would make an excellent vocabulary center. Have your students choose a letter and complete this accountability sheet below. Just click on the image to take you to the FREEBIE!